Tuesday 3 December 2013

Flight AT0M1C Is Now Boarding.

Wow oh wow. Words cannot explain how excited I am for this new festival. Atomic is a brand spanking new weekender for 2014 brought to you by the same team that brings you the Rockabilly Rave, Rhythm Riot and Hotrod Hayride. Held on the first May Bank Holiday at Sywell Aerodrome, Northamptonshire, it will be one of the earliest weekenders in the calender, but that's not a bad thing is it? Everyone likes to party all year round! 



It is bands galore at this event, but who would expect anything else from the team? Highlights include Bobby Brooks Wilson (who I had the privilege of meeting backstage and on stage at the Riot), The Revolutionaires, and Si Crauston. Many more are to be added to the ever growing, ever fabulous list so there will be something for everyone's taste. It's not just music and dancing at the festival to keep you entertained; there will be a drive-in movie (yes, you heard right!), lots of shopping (naturally as there is at these sort of events!), and a fairground! 

So much going on!

So, why am I blabbering on about this? Well, its because I have had the absolute honour of being an Atomic Bombshell not once but twice. I haven't done very much much modelling compared to others, and certainly not in the last three years. But when I was asked to do this I snapped at the chance! It was a great opportunity for my portfolio, as well as promoting what will be such an amazing event! I even got myself featured on their website on the ticket page! Go me!  My outfits included a cheerleader outfit (no pompoms sadly) which was very hot at the Hotrod Hayride, but freezing down in Rye at the Rhythm Riot, and an amazing air hostess outfit which included the most comfortable yet stylish pair of shoes. I was really tempted to hide my pair and sneak them out...naughty!

So I will leave you now with some of the photos taken of the Atomic Bombshell action, and hopefully we will see you in May!

The Atomic Team with the Atomic Bombshells (Photo: Nick Grant)
Backstage with Bobby Brooks Wilson (Photo: Subsculptures)
On-stage (out of uniform) with Bobby Brooks Wilson (Photo: Tony Bruce)
Atomic will also be stocked full of classic cars (Photo: Nick Grant)
The cheerleader outfits are always popular with the crowds! (Photo: Nick Grant)

If you have enjoyed this post why not head over to my Facebook for updates?

No comments: