Sunday 21 November 2010

Kukoo Fair Liverpool (21/11/2010)


I've been to a couple of vintage fairs since arriving in Liverpool but this was the best by far! I can't wait for the next one! Set in the amazing 'Aloha' bar the atmosphere could not be more perfect for Kukoo Fairs. The bar looks as if it is straight off the set of 'South Pacific' with its bamboo clad walls, tiki heads and a glorious selection of rum and tequila cocktails presented in a variety of vessels (all from £3.50! Bargain!) - befriend them on Facebook.



The stalls themselves had a brilliant selection of clothes, accessories, jewellery and even cakes (YUM!) with a range of prices - I actually found them really cheap compared to the prices back down south. One of my favourites was All About Eve and, although I didn't buy anything due my gigantic size and odd proportions, I could have spent a fortune, especially as she had a great supply of What Katie Did underwear and some absolutely stunning 1930s inspired cocktail dresses. I did, however, get the purse out for Geek Vintage where I saw a gorgeous fawn coloured woolen A-line skirt with lovely panelling at the front - perfect with a silk blouse and heels or a chunky knit and brown, knee high boots.

Other stalls included:
  • Lemon Flirt: Handmade jewellery with a very English feel, full of roses and quaint, quirky bits
  • Vintage and Retro Gems: More fabulous handmade jewellery this time with a bit more edge, with pieces including "I love Sailor" necklaces and skull charm bracelets.
  • Shameless Originals: Amazing bespoke 'off-the-peg' pieces of clothing including some rather tasty looking fascinators.
I think it can safely be said that this monthly vintage fair will be inked into my schedule for a long time and I am saving my pennies for next months!

No comments: