Friday 8 February 2013

The Liebster Awards

Good day folks! Yesterday I was nominated to partake in the Liebster Awards by the laavely Ria over at Wishing For Chanel. The point of the awards is to get to know your fellow bloggers through passing on questions from blog to blog - always fun! It's open to any sort of blog with less than 300 followers, and is personal from post to post. I'll give you eleven random facts about me, then answer eleven questions from Ria, and finally give eleven questions for my  eleven nominees (phew! That's a lot of elevens!)




Here we go...

11 Random Facts:

I have no idea what my natural hair colour is (I think it's probably some kind of dirty blonde...)
I'd love to own a bar (I've already named it - it's called Atomic and it's all very Mad Men/The Hour)
I've never had a driving lesson, and don't even own a provisional license
I love vampires (just not the Cullens)
I have 3' long legs
I will always love Josh Hartnett (sorry future husband...)
If I could be any supernatural beast I'd be a centaur
My measurements are 40/31/40
I have loved history ever since I could remember.
I considered a career in the RAF before deciding to go to university to study archaeology
I have a phobia of slugs and snails (not the best thing to have when they infest your kitchen)


11 Questions from Ria:


Snow or Sunshine?

Sunshine, although only if I have lots of sunscreen on - it's taken for 4 years to get my skin to my desired hue!

If you could leave on a jet plane and fly anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?

Paris, without a doubt! It's my favourite city of all time, and is perfect at any time of year. Just plonk me in a cafe in Montmartre and let me watch the world go by. 

Favourite beauty/make up product of the moment?

MAC lip liner in Night Moth

If you could sing like anyone in the world, who would it be & why?

Billie Holiday - it's just so beautiful and mournful

Last movie you watched?

Literally just finished watching Moulin Rouge 

Recommend me a book! ;) 

Camomile Lawn - Mary Wesley

Spring/Summer trend you're looking forward to wearing?

Hmm...I don't really follow trends but I'm hoping to wear lots more 1950s (or 1950s style) house dresses - I got a beautiful one last year and I can't wait to wear it.

When I was a kid I wanted to be....?

I went through a long phase of wanting to be a vet, but then I swapped to an RAF engineer, and settled on archaeologist when I was 15.

Instagram? Yay or Nay?

Yay! Find my face at roxieroulette

Name an attractive celebrity! Go!

Damien Molony

What's your top blogging tip?

Write about what you truly like. Your readers want to know what you like and what you think, otherwise they wouldn't be following you!

11 Nominees from Moi

Demi of Dots Divine

11 Questions from Moi

1. What is your favourite piece of clothing you have ever owned?
2. If you could be a fly on the wall for any event in history, what would that be?
3. Guilty pleasure, food wise?
4. Who has been the biggest influence in your life?
5. Why did you start your blog?
6. If you could only listen to one song for the rest of your life, what would that be?
7. What was your favourite television show as a child?
8. I say red, you say...?
9. Recommend me a blog to follow
10. What is your favourite scent in the whole entire world?
11. Would you rather have lollipops for fingers, or bread sticks for arms?

Go on...give it a go!

1 comment:

Bruce Partington-Plans said...

Thank you Roxie, and apologies for the slight delay in picking up this award. I really appreciate it, though!

I considered a career in the RAF when I left college too (I fancied Intelligence) and I used to have a real phobia of wasps and bees (although I like to think I'm better now! ;) ).

Congratulations on your well-deserved blog award too.