Wednesday 21 December 2011

Getting to know me

After a year of blogging I thought it was about time for me to shoot some random facts at my readers! I stole this from the beautiful Bettina Scarlett - who's birthday it is today, I believe! - and I hope you enjoy (and don't find this sort of thing tedious and boring!).


A-Age:
Twenty

B-Bed size:

At uni I have a double and at home I have a single - I have fallen out of the single when I've sprawled out in the night expecting there to be more bed when there is actually just thin air.

 
C-Chore that you hate:

Cleaning the bathroom. For a girl that loves playing with hair, I absolutely hate it once it's fallen out and is all stuck to the tub. Bleugh.


D-Dogs:

Really not fussed by them. I'm much more of a cat person than a dog.


E-Essential start to your day:

Ooh I can't go without my morning cup of tea. And my elevensies tea. And my lunch tea. And my three o'clock tea. Well, you get the picture.


F-Favourite Colour:

Hmmm...a tricky one. I love red, but I love green too, any shade of either really. Can I have two favourites?

 
G-Gold or silver:

If it's a classic piece of jewellery then I like to be gold, but I am more likely to wear silver because I think it suits me better. Saying that, I think I'd prefer a yellow gold wedding band, just for the traditional element.


H-Height:

6' (that's a fathom in sea terms!). I've always been the tallest throughout my life - I was something ridiculous like 22" long when I was born I think, and had to wear boys clothes when I was a kid because girl's stuff just didn't fit me - and I don't think that is ever going to change. It used to really bother me, and sometimes it still does, like when I'm in a club wearing heels and there is literally no one else taller than me, but I've come to just accept that I am a tall freak.

I-Instruments you play:

I got to grade three on the trumpet but I gave it up eight or nine years ago so I don't know if I am any good anymore. I can play a little piano but nothing special.

J-Job title:

I'm a second year student studying Archaeology at the University of Liverpool.

K-Kids:

Definitely. I can't wait to be a mother! Well, I can, I don't want to be a mother by next Christmas or anything, but once I've met the right man then sure, why not.

L-Live:

Born and bred 'Ampshire girl, but live in Liverpool for university.

 
M-Mothers name:

Kate


N-Nicknames:

No one actually calls me Roxie; to be honest I don't know what I'd do if anyone actually called me Roxie. It would very weird. My Ferny girls call me Crusey as Anna and Hannah (especially when Hannah said in a Hampshire accent is Anna) are just too similar.

O-Overnight hospital stays:

Never had one! In fact, touch wood, I've never had to go to hospital for anything more than a blood test.

P-Pet peeves:

I think I'm actually quite a bitter person, like one of those old biddies that can't stop moaning. I hate ungentlemanly men and ladette women. Manners maketh the man, as the say. Also, if you're inside, gents, please remove your headwear. Thanks. 


Q-Quote from a movie:

"You sure is pretty in them tight clothes, all painted up like trash!" - Romona Ricketts in Cry Baby

R-Right or left handed:

I'm right handed but my left hand isn't completely useless, just not as good.


S-Siblings:
I have a younger sister, Chloe.


T-Time you wake up:

I try and wake up before or around 9. Note: wake up. I don't get up for a long time after that!

 
U-Underwear:

Ooh I do love underwear! I wish I had the bank balance to buy pretty underwear, corsets and hundreds of pairs of stockings - I hate tights and only wear them if I really have to.

V-Vegetable you hate:

Well there's the really obvious one: sprouts. I force myself to eat two a year (with my Christmas dinner) and that's it! No more!

W-What makes you run late:

Not getting out of bed in time, and my contact lenses. If those buggers don't go in quickly then it mucks up the time I have for my hair and make up. 


X-X rays you've had:
Never had one! (Again, touch wood!)


Y-Yummy food that you make:

I make a good toad in the hole - I make it every Sunday when I'm at uni - and I like to think my Greek isn't bad, especially my feta and courgette fritters.


Z-Zoo animal:
Not a massive fan of zoos, or animals for that matter, but I like to watch chimps. They fascinate me!

No comments: