Friday 27 September 2013

Breaking Out From Bedlam

Remember the Hotrod Hayride? Remember that guy Rick? Well we took a little weekend away to Bedlam Breakout in Northampton. What's more romantic than psychobilly huh? No, in all seriousness it was an ace weekend of music, beer (lots of beer) and new friends.

I'm not a usual frequenter of psychobilly so this was a bit of a shake up for me. Not that I don't like the genre, I do, but it just always fell off my radar - probably pushed off by my first love, rockabilly!  I first saw a psychobilly band at Vintage @ Goodwood back in 2010, and I was lucky enough to see the same band at Bedlam. Long Tall Texans never fail to disappoint! The other highlights included Sunday night's head-liner Nekromantix, The Sharks, and The Epileptic Hillbillies.




A drunk man wanted to take a photo of us - I think that shows...
There is another Bedlam Breakout in March and I'm sure I'll be there!

No comments: